Previously posted on March 2, 2017 @Homescool.ph
Steps on How to Celebrate National Homeschool Day 2017
1. Check out http://www.hapi.ph for various announcements regarding this day. There is an ongoing video contest that ends tonight, 12 AM! The prizes are awesome.
- From the map below, decide if you will join any of the groups as mapped out in the Philippine Map. Check out the Homeschoolers of the Philippines (HOP) FB Page and type your area in search bar (the general areas are Quezon City, Pasig, Taguig, Makati, Paranaque, Muntinlupa, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal (Antipolo), Cebu and Davao. Read the post about these meet ups and contact the person in charge or visit the FB page they’ve set up for this specific Homeschool Day Meet Up.
- Bring packed lunch if the place you plan to go will not offer food and bring money since some meet ups will have some “2nd hand sale” of sorts. Some meet ups may have to charge to cover for venue cost, aircon and sound system.
- Bring the whole family and leave the gadgets at home (no IPADs, phones must be kept!)
- Have a cheerful, open, ready to mingle mind. Who knows if support groups or coops may be born out of this day?
- If you plan to celebrate at home, or with a few families, don’t homeschool academic subjects and maybe just create a fun unit on homeschooling. Maybe it would be a good time to talk about how you guys are doing, get feedback and ponder on this year’s theme: “Building Up the Philippines, One Family at a Time”. Try to discuss why homeschooling can help in nation building (that’s if your kids are old enough). Have fun (if only Homeschool Association of the Philippine Island HAPI can declare is a no homeschooling day). Do something different and check out what everyone else is doing by checking the different Philippine based Homeschool FB groups. Check out IG @wearehapi or #HAPIDAY2017.
- You may also gather your other homeschooling families to avail of the hart to resist promo of Kidzania Manila. Check out their promo!
- If you want to share any of the photos or videos of your celebration, please use the hashtag #HAPIDAY2017.
At this very moment, my 11-year-old son and I are preparing for Pasig’s gathering at Valle Verde Gym 5. He is assisting in preparing for tomorrow and that is how we are homeschooling today! I will create a post for the Pasig Celebration. 🙂
Praying for a HAPIDAY indeed!!!!!! See you!